103年第1學期-3758 實用生活口語 課程資訊
|Midterm exam||25||mainly oral exam|
|Final exam||25||mainly oral exam|
|In-class grades||50||Oral presentations 30% Assignments 10% Participation 10%|
本課程名額為 30人，已有36 人選讀，尚餘名額-6人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. become familiar with common idioms and expressions in English;
2. recognize and produce high-frequency idioms and expressions;
3. use idioms for everyday communication; and
4. enhance their cultural awareness through the topics/contexts presented.
The purpose of this course is to assist students to become more familiar with idioms used in everyday communication, helping them bridge the gap between “meaning” and “thrust” of idiomatic expressions. Native speakers of English like using idioms and colloquialisms because they add ‘spice’ to the language. However, they are often areas of difficulty for non-native speakers. Understanding idioms is an important part of learning and speaking English well. Idioms help students enrich their language and understand native speakers more easily. This course affords students as much active involvement as possible. Students are provided with many exercises and communicative activities so that they are able to spontaneously apply learned idioms in everyday context.
Office HourWednesday: 10:00-12:00 Thursday: 17:20-18:10 LAN106-G 英語中心
1. All Clear 3 By Helen Kalkstein Fragiadakis Thomson ELT
2. Handouts from the instructor.