103年第1學期-3764 從通俗文化音樂文本學英文 課程資訊
|Participation||10||Participation / Attendance|
|Classroom discussions||20||Discussion sheets and Involvement|
|Online Discussions||40||Discuss an issue online every week (20% for the first and second semester)|
|Reflectoin Papers||40||Two relfection papers (20% for each one)|
本課程名額為 25人，已有29 人選讀，尚餘名額-4人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. show improvement in the four English skills;
2. express their opinions from a critical perspective;
3. become more sensitized to various social issues;
4. deepen their understanding of themselves as social agents; and
5. become independent thinkers through activities that require critical thinking.
This course is designed to help students enhance their English ability through language learning activities. Students will improve their English listening, speaking, reading, and writing through inquiry-based tasks. In particular, they will be exposed to tasks that use popular-culture music texts, i.e., song lyrics and other relevant media texts, to provide ample opportunities for them to respond critically to various issues relevant to students’ lives. Students will be involved in many reading/discussion activities in the classroom, weekly online discussions, and reflection papers.