103年第2學期-0124 文學作品導讀（二） 課程資訊
本課程可網路登記，目前已登記人數為 1 人，選上機率為0%
|Attendance and Participation||10|
The main objective of Introduction to Literature is to familiarize students with three major western literary genres, namely fiction, poetry and drama. Part 2 of this course focuses on poetry.
1. Students will read and examine a wide range of traditional and modern poems.
2. Students will aim to define literature, particularly poetry, and learn to identify its features.
3. Students will be introduced to different aspects of poetry including sound, rhythm, meter, language, tone, figures of speech, symbolism, etc. and will learn to critically analyze these aspects using the proper terminology.
4. Students will write regular journals in which they reflect critically on their reading of poetry.
5. Students will analyze a poem and will demonstrate their understanding of poetry by presenting aspects of the poem to the class.
6. Students will strengthen their overall skills in reading, analyzing and discussing poetry.
Office HourOffice LAN 112C Office Hours: Mondays 10:20-11:50 am or by appointment
Students should buy the following text:
Mays, Kelly J. The Norton Introduction to Literature. Shorter Eleventh Edition, New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2013.
Handouts will be provided for materials not in the textbook.