103年第3學期-9122 文討：兒童文學作家探討：大衛 阿爾蒙德 課程資訊
1. Students will learn about the biographical and literary background of David Almond.
2. Students will have a deeper understanding of David Almond as a British young adult literature author.
3. Students will read a number of books by Almond and improve their ability to read these young adult texts critically.
4. Students will develop more clearly articulated standards for evaluating young adult texts.
5. Students will develop strong reading habits and improve their analytical and rhetorical skills.
6. Students will independently research a topic related to David Almond and his work and write a research paper.
7. Students will write regular journals in which they reflect critically on their reading of Almond’s texts.
8. Students will be responsible for oral presentations on one aspect of a book read over the course of this semester.
Office HourOffice: LAN 112C Office Hours: Monday 2:00-4:00 pm or by appointment
Students are required to buy a selection of works by David Almond assigned by the teacher in the beginning of the course.
Almond, David (2000; 2013) Counting Stars, London: Hodder.
Almond, David (2000; 2013) Heaven Eyes, London: Hodder.
Almond, David (2005; 2013) Clay, London: Hodder.
Almond, David (2008; 2009) Jackdaw Summer, London: Hodder.
Other materials will be collected by the teacher and students will be provided with the required reading materials throughout the course.