104年第1學期-3777 實用英語演講練習 課程資訊
|Speeches||100||No quizzes or exams. For each speech: 20% Content, 20% Organization, 15% Grammar, 15% Fluency, 15% Pronunciation & 15% Body language|
本課程名額為 35人，已有36 人選讀，尚餘名額-1人。
This course is designed for students of all levels with goals of helping students improve their speaking ability and building their confidence when speaking in public. Instead of answering questions, making dialogues, and reciting materials, students learn to express their own thoughts on general topics in a natural and organized manner. Most students will get a chance to give a prepared or impromptu speech every week. Students acting as the audience have to pay attention to every speech. At the end of every speech, the teacher will give her comments.
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. give a two-to-three minute speech in English;
2. give speeches in English on various general topics;
3. give an impromptu English speech with limited preparation time;
4. give an English speech with only a written outline as preparation;
5. give an English speech with an introduction, a body of three points, and a conclusion
6. give an English speech with substantial content, appropriate grammar, clear pronunciation, fluency, and appropriate body language.