104年第1學期-3789 暑期學前英文 課程資訊
|Oral Presentations||20||including 2 orals and an English talent show|
|English Learning Folder||60||including 4 daily journals, an autobiography, domestic/international news, new friends, school life & study plan|
|In Class Participation||20|
本課程名額為 70人，已有23 人選讀，尚餘名額47人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. demonstrate their communicative skills for catching specific details of basic daily-life topics in both pre-defined and spontaneous daily-life situations by responding to written texts and aural input accurately and appropriately;
2. demonstrate their communicative skills for achieving a global comprehension of basic daily-life topics in both pre-defined and spontaneous daily-life situations by responding to written texts and aural input accurately and appropriately; and
3. demonstrate their communicative skills for presenting and discussing basic daily-life topics in pre-defined and prepared oral and written discourses by expressing themselves accurately and appropriately.
Pre-Freshman English for Non-English Major, a 36-hour intensive elective course, is designed to enrich university freshmen’s communicative skills in English required for basic daily-life topics, activities, and situations. In this course students will develop and enhance their English skills in a learner-friendly and supportive learning environment through a variety of student-centered communicative activities such as listening with Q-&-A sessions, dialogues, group discussions, and role-plays. In addition, no traditional pencil-and-paper tests will be used to evaluate students’ listening and speaking skills. Instead, the student evaluation will be entirely task-based to maximize opportunities for students to demonstrate their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through communication in English.
Office Hourby appointment at ELC office
1. Textbook: World Link 3: Developing English Fluency (2nd. Edition) by S. Stempleski, J. R. Morgan, & N. Douglas, 2012, Thomson Heinle.
2. Supplementary: Instructor’s handouts.