104年第2學期-3769 中級英文口語簡報 課程資訊
|In-class Participation||20||attendance, discussions and sharing|
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. well prepare and make English presentations;
2. clearly express themselves in English on various daily-life topics;
3. well engage and lead the audience to follow their oral presentations; and
4. express and communicate their ideas in English more confidently.
This course is designed for students with freshman English proficiency level or above to enhance their English proficiency and oral presentation skills. The instructor provides basic trainings on listening and speaking skills using a variety of topics that highlight different features of spoken English. In addition, students will engage in frequent oral activities and assignments and give two major oral presentations. With well-organized guidance and sufficient oral practices, it is hoped that students are able to improve their oral presentation skills and develop their confidence to express themselves on topics related to personal experiences.
Office HourMondays 1:00-2:00 pm. Wednesdays 1:00-2:00 pm. or by appointment (LAN201-D)
1. Steven Gershon (2015). Present Yourself 1: Experiences. Cambridge University Press.
2. Handout distributed in class.
3. Online TED talks.