107年第2學期-0117 英語口語訓練（一） 課程資訊
|Attendance and participation||20|
|Presentations||80||Four presentations, 20% for each|
本課程名額為 20人，已有18 人選讀，尚餘名額2人。
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
(1) develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically.
(2) listen to public speaking critically and responsively.
(3) deliver prepared and impromptu speeches in a smooth, understandable, and organized fashion.
(4) inform and persuade audiences orally.
(5) know how to conduct a group debate.
The main objective of this course is to help students develop confidence in speaking publicly and academically. Students will also learn how to listen critically, responsively and objectively. Students will master presenting familiar topics in a smooth, understandable and organized way in both prepared and impromptu speeches. Students will also study how to inform and persuade others. These oral skills will be applied in group discussions and debates.
Office HourTuesdays 8:10-10:10 and by appointment; LAN 101-13
Dale, Paulette, and James C. Wolf. Speech Communication Made Simple. 4th ed. White Plains, NY: Pearson, 2013. (Avoid illegal photocopying of copyrighted materials.)