107年第2學期-3073 Research Methods- Time Bank Research and Social Exchange 課程資訊
|Writing Assignments: Analytical Papers||20||(<2-pages double-spaced) I will work with you 1-on-1 on your English writing|
|Research Project Part 1. Proposal||5||(< 10 pages) Done in groups. Write team proposal for project|
|Research Project Part 2. Final Presentation||15||(<20 minutes) Done in groups. Present on research finding|
|Research Project Part 3. Final Research Paper||20||(< 10 pages) Group or individual research paper submitted|
|Class Participation/Attitude||15||Graded weekly per class|
本課程名額為 20人，已有7 人選讀，尚餘名額13人。
1) This class focuses on developing skills in expressing oneself in writing through writing assignments and research papers.
2) This class develops specific skills, competencies, and points of view needed by professionals in the field most closely related to this course through hands-on research projects, papers, exams, and other writing assignments
3) This class develops skills in expressing oneself logically and orally through presentations and group work.
1. Attendance: Class attendance is required. Learning is an active process, and it is impossible for you to participate if you are not here. Attendance will be taken at every class period. PLEASE BE ON TIME! You will be allowed TWO unexcused absences without penalization. Starting your third absence, you participation grade will be dropped 3%, and will continue to drop 3% for each additional absence. You will be considered late after the first 15 minutes. Each additional 10 minutes counts as 1 late and being late 4 times counts as 1 absence.
2. No Late Papers: No late work will be accepted. It is completely your responsibility to find out what you missed from a classmate, even for excused absences. No exceptions.
3. No Make-Up Exams: You may take a make-up exam ONLY with prior consent of professor, which will be given only if you have submitted either a medical excuse, a written explanation of a clear personal emergency, or evidence of participation in an authorized and excused university activity.
4. No Plagiarism: Any material (including but not restricted to textbooks, other texts, journals, magazines, websites) incorporated into writing assignments must be properly cited. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Plagiarism is defined as representing the words, ideas, or work of another as your own in any academic exercise. The instructor may use an online service (Turnitin.com) to assess for plagiarism in the written work of students.
選課備註：深碗課程，需修習Research Methods. 第一堂課出席者優先選課。
Office HourThis is a 5 unit course. 3+2 units both required Class time: Tuesday 10:20~13:00 and Thursday 13:10~15:00 Office hour by appointment only, place tbd
1) Pelham, B.W., & Blanton, H. (2007). Conducting Research in Psychology: measuring the Weight of Smoke. Belmont, CA: Thomson Wadsworth. [ISBN: 0-534-53294-2]
2) http://www.citationmachine.net/apa or http://www.bibme.org/apa
3) additional PDF research papers assigned throughout the course
4) iLearn access
5) SPSS access