99年第1學期-0123 文學作品導讀（三） 課程資訊
|Class Performance||40||Quizzes, presentations, participation and attendance|
Students are expected to learn
1. about the nature and components of drama.
2. how to appreciate and analyze plays.
3. to visualize dramatic scenes.
4. to present short scenes from the plays selected.
5. to integrate drama with their lives.
To introduce three major western literary genres （fiction, poetry, drama） over a 3-semester course, and to strengthen students in reading, analyzing, and discussing works of literature from a discerning and critical standpoint.
In each of three semesters students are introduced to both representative and non-traditional texts in fiction, poetry and drama respectively. Students read closely, think critically, and evaluate texts chosen to elucidate critical ideas introduced in class. Class meetings include instructor-led textual examination, student-generated discussion, and individual or group presentations of selected works.