99年第1學期-0127 英文作文（二） 課程資訊
|3 multiple-draft essays||60|
|3 peer revision workshops||15|
本課程名額為 25人，已有15 人選讀，尚餘名額10人。
In Composition II, students will learn to:
1. identify and develop a controlling idea/topic sentence/thesis statement
2. organize and develop support for a topic sentence/thesis statement
3. organize essays in a logical order and with proper transitions
4. write a narrative essay that is developed inductively or deductively
5. write a summary-response essay (summarizing, quoting, paraphrasing)
6. write and respond to email
7. write an expository essay with a clear thesis and supporting details
Composition 2 is a second-year required course and is the continuation of Composition 1, building on the English-language skills developed in Composition 1. This course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays. The course continues to stress accuracy in writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability to communicate in written English. Students will also learn how to analyze and strengthen their written English and that of their classmates. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency of the students to a high-intermediate level in writing. This course is taught together with Oral Training 2.
Office HourOffice hours: Wed. 12:00-2:00 pm Office: LAN 211-C
Wyrick, Jean. Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings. 11th ed. Boston: Thomson Wadsworth, 2007.