99年第1學期-4067 進階口語練習 課程資訊
|Weekly oral presentations||60||3~4 minutes, on a topic drawn the week before|
|Mid-tern representation||20||4~5 minutes, on an academic paper|
|Final presentatiion||20||5~6 minutes, on an academic paper|
本課程名額為 12人，已有8 人選讀，尚餘名額4人。
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Improve the ability to listen to English speeches.
2. Develop more self-confidence with interacting with people in English.
3. Develop a more positive self-image when speaking
4. Demonstrate their ability to effectively communicate in English by actively participating in meaningful classroom and group conversations with coherent and relevant responses at normal speech rate.
5. Learn to present ideas more clearly, logically, and forcefully.
6. Be more assertive and convincing when making presentation (in English).
This course is designed to enhance students’ oral ability. By providing a structured yet inviting environment for working on oral skills, this course seeks not only to help students improve their skills but also to increase their confidence in making professional presentations in English. Although this is a one-credit course, students will attend two-hour class every week in order to get more opportunities to practice.