99年第2學期-2969 中級閱讀: 看報導學英文 課程資訊
|Reading response entries||40||Bi-weekly reading responses|
|Participation & performance||15||in-class grade|
|In-class writings or midterm||25||in-class grade|
|Final summary report||20||Homework assignment|
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. increase their understanding about the world and different cultures;
2. use English effectively to communicate with others on a variety of topics;
3. explore important issues from multiple perspectives;
4. evaluate critically and syntheize information using English; and
5. increase the ability to form independent judgement.
In this course students will become familiar with English public media by utilizing authentic, up-to-date, multi-media news stories on a variety of different topics, including news, science and technology, nature and environment, fashion and the arts, love and marriage, health, and other theme-focused investigative reports.
Office HourBuilding L, 203C (3rd floor) Thursdays 12:00PM-2:00PM
Handouts and on-line articles from various sources: