99年第2學期-3327 大一英文 課程資訊
|In-class||50||Quizzes (15%) Oral (15%) Simplified Readers (10%) Participation (10%)|
1. 能運用英語文於日常生活中﹔use English in daily life;
2. 能運用英語文進行邏輯思考、分析判斷、整合創新﹔think independently, logically, analytically, synthetically, and creatively in English;
3. 能了解及增進個人學習英語文興趣與動機﹔understand and enhance one’s own interest and motivation in learning English;
4. 能運用英語文吸收及了解多元領域知識﹔use English to acquire and understand knowledge of various disciplines;
5. 能運用各類英語文學習策略﹔use various English language learning strategies;
6. 能運用各類資源學習英語文﹔ use various English language learning resources;
7. 能運用英語文探索及了解國際多元文化﹔use English to explore and understand various cultures in the world; and
8. 能運用英語文探索及了解自我人生意義。use English to explore and understand the meaning of one’s own life.
Aims of Course
Freshman English for Majors is a four-skills course taught exclusively to majors of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The goal of the course is primarily to improve students’ proficiency in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using the English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion.
A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
Office HourOffice Hours (LAN106 F): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:30 - 1:30 or by appointment
1. Silas Marner Macmillan Classic Readers
2. The Hounds of the Baskervilles Oxford Bookworm 4
3. A Christmas Carol Oxford Progressive English Reader 2
4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Oxford Bookworm Library 4
5. The Pearl Penguin Active Reading Level 3
6. The Picture of Dorian Gray Oxford Progressive 4
7. Yellow Reading Book