99年第2學期-3342 大一英文 課程資訊
|Exam - Midterm||25|
|Exam - Final||25|
|In-class - 4 Orals||15|
|In-class - 5 Quizzes||15|
|In-class - 2 writings||10|
|In-class - participation||10|
本課程名額為 35人，已有28 人選讀，尚餘名額7人。
On completion of this course,
(1) in terms of ability (or skills), students will be able to listen, speak, read, and write better in English than before they take this course,
(2) in terms of knowledge, (a) students will know more about the English language and how to learn it; (b) they will also know more about the life and culture of the English-speaking world, and
(3) because of 2a, students will have a more positive attitude toward learning English, and because of 2b, students will have a more open and even appreciative attitude toward other people and their culture and lifestyle.
Aims of Course
Freshman English for Majors is a four-skills course taught exclusively to majors of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The goal of the course is primarily to improve students’ proficiency in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using the English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion.
A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
上課時間：一/3,4,五/1[LAN013] 三/4[LAN108] 三/3[英聽室]
Office HourMonday & Tuesday ~ 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. in LAN102A-G
1. Textbooks - for lab ~ Sounds Good 3 (SG3)
- for class ~ American English File 2A (AEF2A) and (a reading handout) Selected Readings from In Context, Between the Lines, Active Skills for Reading (Book 4), NorthStar (Book 4), Multiple Reading Skills, & an article from Wikipedia of the Internet, which is an introduction to the movie, the Age of Stupid
2. Simplified Readers ~ (1) Braveheart & (2) One of the four: Scotland, A Tale of Two Cities, The Three Strangers and Other Stories, & The Wind in the Willows