99年第2學期-3392 大一英文 課程資訊
|Midterm & Final Exams||50|
|In-Class Grade||50||Quizzes and Assignments, Oral, Writing, and Participation|
After taking this course,students should:
1) improve their four skills of English.
2) use English for their daily neeeds.
3) enhance their interest in studying English.
Aims of Course
Freshman English for Majors is a four-skills course taught exclusively to majors of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The goal of the course is primarily to improve students’ proficiency in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using the English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion.
A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
上課時間：二/6,7[LAN010] 五/7[LAN109] 四/7[LAN110] 四/6[英聽室]
Office HourBy Appointment
1. Essential Reading 1, by Chris Gough, 2008, Macmillan
2. Tune in 3, by Jack C. Richards & Kerry O’Sullivan, 2007, Oxford University Press
3. Simplified Readers: 1) The Love of a King
2) “Who, Sir? Me, Sir? ”
4. In- Class Supplementary Materials