100年第1學期-2131 餐旅英文寫作 課程資訊
|Class participation and Attendance||20||If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade.|
|Mid Term||20||The examination questions may be set in forms of True/False statements, multiple choice questions, short-answered questions or long answered questions.|
|CV||20||Final CV and cover letter (Due on 29 of Dec 2011): The final proposal is a comprehensive research proposal that integrates all of the fundamental components of this course.|
|Cover letter||20||Final CV and cover letter (Due on 29 of Dec 2011): The final proposal is a comprehensive research proposal that integrates all of the fundamental components of this course.|
|Workshop ( I + II )||40||Students will sign up to deliver a 20 minute overview of their final proposal. .|
本課程名額為 40人，已有17 人選讀，尚餘名額23人。
1 Become aware of the background of Hospitality industry
1. Understand the importance of successful interaction through English
2. Use English in written communication skills fluently
3. Be skillful on English use for career purpose
4. Communicate in given situation accurately
5. Understand both verbal and non-verbal communication
6. Write a business letter, short memos and notices.
7. Establish a well organized CV
In the Hospitality industry, developing writing skills is among the most challenging situations at tertiary level. It is crucial due to the rapid change and development of the job market that requires graduates to acquire certain level of writing skills. Ability to use English for successful interaction with customers is not only the behavior related to customer service, the increase of awareness on different expectations about customer service, the improvement of one’s spoken communication skills but also the increase of one’s ability to interact with customers in writing, vocabulary structure which closely relates to hospitality. This module provides perceptive written knowledge of key concepts, trends and issues in hospitality. In addition, practices in productive skills and proper non-verbal communication for quality customer service. Writing business letters, short memos and notices are crucially needed and all jobs related in written communication as well as CVs. At the end of the course is to ensure the students are well equipped with required writing skills in order to perform at workplaces in Hospitality industry.
Office HourMonday 15:00 - 17:00 Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00 Wednesday 11:00 – 13:00 or by appointment Office: M213-1
1. How to write a better resumes, (2009) Gene Corwin, Gary Joseph Grappo and Adele Lewis 著, 林錦慧, 馮慧瑛 (6th Ed), 博識出版
2. Zemach, D.E. et al (2003) College Writing from Paragraph to Essay, Macmillan,UK
3. Longknife, A. & Sullivan K.D. (2002) The Art of Styling Sentences, Barrons, U.S.A.