107年第1學期-3739 暑期學前英文 課程資訊
|Oral||20||two oral tests for each student|
|English learning folder||60||4 daily journals, an autobiography, domestic/international news, new friends, school life & study plan|
|in-class participation||20||attendance and involvement|
本課程名額為 70人，已有27 人選讀，尚餘名額43人。
1. to enhance their English listening skills
2. to enhance their English speaking skills
3. to enhance their English reading skills
4. to enhance their English writing skills
5. to enhance their overall English communicative ability
6. to enhance their knowledge of cultural diversity and an international perspective
1. listening with Q-&-A sessions,
3. group discussions
Pre-Freshman English for Non-English Major, a 36-hour intensive elective course, is designed to enrich university freshmen’s communicative skills in English required for basic daily-life topics, activities, and situations. In this course students will develop and enhance their English skills in a learner-friendly and supportive learning environment through a variety of student-centered communicative activities such as listening with Q-&-A sessions, dialogues, group discussions, and role-plays. In addition, no traditional pencil-and-paper tests will be used to evaluate students’ listening and speaking skills. Instead, the student evaluation will be entirely task-based to maximize opportunities for students to demonstrate their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through communication in English.
Stretch 3A: 6 skills to Expand your English by S. Stempleski, 2014, Oxford.