107年第1學期-5084 學術論文寫作 課程資訊
本課程名額為 10人，已有9 人選讀，尚餘名額1人。
In this course, for this semester, students will:
1) Become familiar with the characteristics of academic writing;
2) Become familiar with and use the rhetoric and language of expository English writing in general and academic English writing in particular;
3) Learn to write definitions, summaries, reaction papers, and annotated bibliographies;
4) Learn to write a brief proposal
5) Become familiar with the aspects of a research paper.
This course is designed to prepare graduate students rhetorically and linguistically for the kinds of academic writing they will be required to do during their MA program career. In the fall semester, students will become familiar with academic culture, products, and writing expectations, and then will learn how to execute specific academic writing tasks and skills that are used for their other courses’ writing assignments and for their own research. In the spring semester, students will revisit those tasks and skills and apply them in more complex ways to larger writing projects like a project proposal. The class sessions will consist of lectures, group discussions, and activities focused on each session’s topic.
Office Hour1:10-2:10 pm Tue. & Thu. or by appointment LAN 211-C
Swales, J. M., & Feak, C. B. (2012). 3rd ed. Academic writing for graduate students: Essential Tasks and Skills. Michigan: The University of Michigan Press.
Publication manual of the American psychological association. (2010). 6th ed. Washington, DC: APA.