107年第2學期-4023 大一英文 課程資訊
1. Ensuring students have a positive attitude to learning through a series of high-interest topics, challenges, and reflective activities.
Students can be engaged by a learning experience that is both meaning and relevant to their current reality.
2. The course introduces a unique focus on the development of study and writing skills , empowering students to become effective learners through awareness-raising activities, learning tips,
and follow-up tasks.
3. With solid learning foundations, students will have the confidence to express themselves, reflect who they are, and approach learning with attitude.
4. Using authentic, interesting video in the classroom to engage the students .
5. Extensive reading materials, which will not only enhance learners' reading but also a great help to their writing skills.
Freshman English for Non-English Majors (FENM) is a required course for the majority of freshmen at Tunghai University. This course is intended as a general four skills (namely, listening, speaking, reading, and writing) integrated English-as-a-foreign-language (EFL) course emphasizing English fluency in general contexts, i.e., English use for general purposes. Thereby, the course is designed to help students use their existing general knowledge about themselves and about the world along with the knowledge of the English language they have acquired to enhance their general English proficiency and enrich their personal background knowledge by using English to learn and communicate. Specifically, the FENM course maximizes students’ opportunities to use English in a wide variety of contexts both in and outside class. Furthermore, it provides an atmosphere that will increase students’ participation and confidence in a non-threatening, whole-English learning environment and that will facilitate students’ acquisition of new knowledge and skills of the English language and new knowledge about the world.
Office Hour 三/7[LAN011] 一/6,7[LAN013-1]
Textbook: UNLOCK 3 Reading &Writing Skills
UNLOCK 3 Listening & Speaking Skills
1. EXRA CREDIT by Andrew Clements
2. NUMBER THE STARS by Lois Lowry