109年第2學期-2816 History and Geography for Our Interconnected World 課程資訊
|Country Report and Presentation||30|
|Proposal and Annotated Bibliography||20|
|Research and Writing Log||20|
1. Describe aspects of human and physical geography that might impact a country’s development
2. Identify countries, cities, physical features and political boundaries by reading and analyzing maps
3. Connect historical events and eras to the modern development of a country
4. Compile an analysis of the historical and geographic features of a country utilizing college-level writing skills
5. Apply practical research skills to historical, geographic, political and sustainable development research topics.
Textbooks and Material
Chapters and sections will be pulled from the following texts. All are open educational resources which are freely available for students to download. Any additional readings and materials will be provided by professors.
1) Western Civilization: A Concise History (2nd ed.); by Brooks, C.; Portland Community College (2020). Volume 1, Volume 2 and Volume 3.
2) History of International Relations: A Non-European Perspective; Ringmar, E.; Open Book Publishers (Cambridge, UK, 2019).
3) Introduction to Human Geography; Dorrell, D. and Henderson, J.P, eds.; University System of Georgia (2018).
4) Writing for Success; University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing (2015).