110年第1學期-0123 英語口語訓練（二） 課程資訊
If the class size is too large, or impossible to alternate attendance, the class may be held online with the consent of the teacher and students, provided that the quality of online instruction and related teaching and learning records are maintained. If the epidemic alert is lowered, classes should resume physical classroom.
本課程名額為 20人，已有19 人選讀，尚餘名額1人。
In English Oral Training II, students will learn to:
1. control volume, pausing, and rate of speaking, and to improve eye contact, vitality, and posture
2. show and tell a story clearly and fluently
3. conduct an interview using the techniques such as preparing questions, getting more information, giving encouragement, asking for repetition and clarification, restating, and interrupting
4. paraphrase/summarize/respond to the ideas of others in a group discussion
5. give a report on an interview
6. give an expository speech
Oral Training 2 is a second-year required course and builds on the English-language skills developed in Oral Training 1. This course focuses primarily on using spoken English for academic purposes, such as group discussions and delivering oral presentations. The course continues to stress accuracy in speaking and writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability of students to communicate in English. Studens also learn how to analyze and strengthen their spoken English. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency to a high-intermediate level in speaking. This course is taught together with Composition 2.
Porter, Patricia A., and Margaret Grant. Communicating Effectively in English: Oral Communication for Non-Native Speakers. 2nd ed. Boston: Heinle & Heinle, 1992.