111年第1學期-3720 學術英語聽講 課程資訊
|Attendance and Active Participation||30|
|Listening Log||25||Homework (4 logs after watching self-selected online videos 5+ min long)|
|Unit Quizzes and Proficiency Assessments||25||Taken Online Weekly|
|Final Discussion||10||Small Group Discussion on Choosen Lecture Video|
|Practice Notes||10||Rough Draft Notes Taken in Class|
本課程名額為 30人，已有23 人選讀，尚餘名額7人。
授課教師Amanda Parmley Wu
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. apply strategies for listening actively,
2. understand and follow an academic lecture in English,
3. use English to learn about and explore new ideas,
4. take useful lecture notes,
5. ask questions for clarification,
6. explain, outline, and paraphrase lectures listened to,
7. apply speaking strategies in order to effectively discuss lecture content with fellow students, and
8. understand and correctly use words from the Academic Word List.
In this course students will engage with a variety of topics from different academic fields in order to develop competence in listening and speaking at a more advanced level that will benefit them in today’s academic and professional world. Students will learn strategies for listening actively and taking notes while listening to or watching a lecture. Students will also be exposed to valuable discussion skills and have opportunities to apply them immediately as they participate in discussions on academic topics, helping them to become more effective and confident English speakers.
授課教師：Amanda Parmley Wu
Office HourLAN 106-C Tuesday 10am-12pm And by appointment
Berglar, D., & Murrary, N. (2017). Contemporary Topics 3: 21st Century Skills for Academic Success, Advanced. (M. Rost, Ed.) (Fourth). Pearson.