111年第1學期-4091 大二英文：職涯與專業 課程資訊
|Attendance and Participation||15|
|Midterm and Final Projects||40|
|In-class Assignments and/or Quizzes||30|
本課程名額為 25人，已有1 人選讀，尚餘名額24人。
Theme: English for Career Development
This course aims to equip students with the skills to communicate effectively in English in various business situations, both social and work-related. Students will be guided through a series of motivating, student-centered activities with the vocabulary, language structures and business skills needed to build their confidence for their future career.
The SENM program is a student-centered module-based program which offers students choices and small, interactive classes. The program encourages students to tailor their English learning to their specific needs and interests by offering four semester-based modules: Career and Profession, Daily Communication, Multiculturalism, and Self-Expression Skills. Additionally, within each of the four modules, there are different themes, or topics, around which each course‘s curriculum is built. Each SENM student can choose two different module courses in one academic year according to their needs and interests. The program’s small class size (no more than 25 students) means that a variety of class activities such as discussions, role plays, and presentations are an integral part of the program.
This specific course belongs to the Career and Profession Module. This module focuses on different specialized fields that can help students increase their professional competence in English and prepare them for jobs of the future.
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1) demonstrate their communicative competence in relation to the specific theme of the course;
2) use skills acquired in the course to explore specific topics related to their career and professional development;
3) use specialized vocabulary and terms to express themselves more professionally; and
4) effectively communicate with others in practical, profession-oriented situations.
選課備註：職涯規劃超前部屬 English for Career Development；詳見授課大綱
Office HourBefore and after each lesson in the classroom
1. Get Ready for International Business by Andrew Vaughan and Dorothy E. Zemach, Macmillan Education 2013