111年第1學期-5084 學術論文寫作 課程資訊
本課程名額為 12人，已有5 人選讀，尚餘名額7人。
In this course, for this semester, students will:
1) Become familiar with the characteristics of academic writing;
2) Become familiar with and use the rhetoric and language of expository English writing in general and academic English writing in particular;
3) Learn to write definitions, summaries, reaction papers, and annotated bibliographies;
4) Learn to write a brief proposal
5) Become familiar with the aspects of a research paper.
This course prepares the first-year graduate students rhetorically and linguistically for academic writing required in the MA program. It guides students through the process of critically reading and responding to journal articles, learning the rhetorical patterns and linguistic features of research papers, and writing in APA style for their own research. Writing workshops are designed to help students find sources through library databases, use EndNote to create a working bibliography, analyze and synthesize sources, and utilize Turnitin to check for plagiarism.
Office Hour1:10-2:00 pm Tue. & Thu. or by appointment LAN 211-C
Swales, J. M., & Feak, C. B. (2012). 3rd ed. Academic writing for graduate students: Essential Tasks and Skills. Michigan: The University of Michigan Press.
Publication manual of the American psychological association. (2010). 6th ed. Washington, DC: APA.