111年第1學期-7057 參數化之演效式建築設計 課程資訊
|Assignments I~V||50||10% for each project|
|Final Presentation and Submission||40|
本課程名額為 20人，已有33 人選讀，尚餘名額-13人。
This elective course is a combination of design workshops and seminars. Students will explore the potential of high-performance architecture by associating mathematics and geometries with parametric design process. As contemporary architects have been adopting the emerging digital technology in the process of crafting our physical environments, the techniques (know-how) and philosophy (know-why) toward more effective and efficient architecture become critical for young designers. The concept of "material computation" - how parametric methods incorporate material properties will help enhance the performance of structure, reduce material cost and finally redefine aesthetics of architectonics. By relating material properties (curvature, size, tension, ...etc.) to geometry of forms in real-time with parametric tools, designers are able to design while evaluating relative performance (functions, environmental factors, feasibility, cost, form...etc.). Computational models therefore go beyond visual representation and become building information for later evaluation, integration, fabrication and even construction. This course will cover both concept and hands-on practice of such a contemporary design approach to performative architecture.
Office HourAfter class in the classroom
1. Architectural Processes of Parametric Design from Tectonics to Landscape Urbamnism, Ho Jen-Hwang, 2019, DMO International.
2. Computation Works – The Building of Algorithmic Thought, Brady Peters and Xavier de Kestelier (Editors), Architectural Design Mrch/April 2013.
3. Digital Fabrications: Architectural and Material Techniques, Lisa Iwamoto, 2009, Princeton Architectural Press.
4. From Control to Design : Parametric/Algorithmic Architecture, T. Sakamoto & A.Ferre (Ed.), 2007, Actar.
5. Material Computation: Higher Integration in Morphogenetic Design, Achim Menges (Editor), 2012, Academy Press.
6. Material Strategies in Digital Fabrication, Christopher Beorkrem, 2013, Rouledge Publication.
7. Pamphlet Architecture 27: Tooling, Benjamin Aranda & Chris Lasch, 2005.
8. Parametric Architecture with Grasshopper, Arturo Tedeschi, 2010, Edizioni Le Penseur.
9. Printing Architecture – Innovative Recipes for 3D Printing, Rael and San Fratello, 2018, Princeton Architectureal Press.
10. The New Mathematics of Architecture, Jane Burry and Mark Burry, 2010, Thames & Hudson.
11. The Second Digital Turn: Design Beyond Intelligence, Mario Carpo, 2017, The MIT Press.