111年第2學期-3730 進階英文學術寫作 課程資訊
|Attendance and Active Participation||25||active participation means coming to class with the prepared assignments completed so participation in workshop style class is possible|
|Semester-long Sustained Writing Project||40|
本課程名額為 20人，已有21 人選讀，尚餘名額-1人。
授課教師Amanda Parmley Wu
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. identify standard elements of graduate level research papers;
2. understand and utilize the writing process in order to develop flexible strategies for generating initial work and revising and editing written material;
3. appropriately integrate outside sources with original content without plagiarizing;
4. use field-appropriate in-text and end-of-text references; and
5. analyze discipline and genre-specific academic English writing conventions and effectively apply that knowledge to a variety of graduate level writing tasks.
Additionally, students will
1. develop confidence in their ability to write academic English;
2. develop their general and discipline-specific English vocabulary; and
3. develop accuracy in written English grammar.
Advance Academic Writing is a writing course specifically designed for advanced non-native English users who are pursing graduate degrees. The content of the course is not tied to a specific discipline, but instead focuses on the acquisition of the writing skills necessary for success at the graduate level. Students in this course will explore academic writing in their own disciplines, develop clarity of written expression, and improve command over textual, rhetorical, and discursive conventions common in academic writing. Students will also learn about and practice the different tasks that are associated with the writing process in various academic writing situations.
授課教師：Amanda Parmley Wu
Office HourLAN 106-C Fridays 10-12 And by appointment
Swales, J.M., & Feak, C.B. (2012). Academic writing for graduate students: Essential tasks and skills (3rd ed.). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. (REQUIRED)