98年第2學期-2966 中高級英文 課程資訊
|exams||50||midterm and final exams|
|oral reports||20||in-class grade|
On completion of the course, students should be able to
1. have enlarged their vocabulary and improved their listening comprehension;
2. communicate with people using more useful phrases and expressions;
3. read various materials in everyday life with better understanding; and
4. have become more independent thinkers through activities that require critical thinking skills.
This three-credit course is designed to help students improve their English development, especially their listening, speaking, and reading abilities. Reading strategies are also emphasized in the course in order to help students enhance their reading fluency and comprehension. Students will be involved in many interactive activities useful both for students studying general English and for those studying English with a view toward more academic work.
Office HourThursday 09:10—11:10 AM or by appointment at FL106-D
1. Day, R. R. and Ono, Leslie. (2008). Cover to Cover 3. New York: Oxford University Press.
2. Handouts and Various Clips