98年第2學期-3317 大一英文 課程資訊
|Oral presentations||15||4 oral presentations|
|Writing||10||3 written assignments|
|Participation||10||I. Attendance (50 points) If your attendance grade is lower than 20 points, you will fail automatically. II. In-class participation (50 points)|
By the end of this semester, students should be able to:
1. listen to and comprehend short and simple oral passages and conversations on the topics covered in Connect With English (Book 2);
2. use English orally for real-life communication in and outside the classroom;
3. apply the basic reading skills learned in class to reading in a variety of contexts which contain 1800-word-level vocabulary;
4. compose comprehensibe three-paragraph texts with organized structure;
5. use various English language learning resources; and
6. think independently, logically, anylytically, and creatively in English.
Aims of Course
Freshman English for Majors is a four-skills course taught exclusively to majors of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The goal of the course is primarily to improve students’ proficiency in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using the English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion.
A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
上課時間：四/1,五/3,4[A101] 二/3[A107] 二/4[英聽室]
Office HourOffice hours: Tuesday 12:10--13:00 Friday 9:10--10:00 or made by appointment Office: FL106
2. Online Reading: http://www.nationalgeographic.com
B. Lab: Connect With English 2
D. Simplified readers:
1. The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. Fruitcake Special and Other Sotries
E. Vocabulary: http://speaking24.com
F. Writing: http://www.plurk.com