98年第2學期-4068 專題討論 課程資訊
|participation (oral and written responses to presentatations)||75|
|2 summary and response entries||25|
本課程名額為 12人，已有7 人選讀，尚餘名額5人。
The main goals of the present course are:
(1) to give students an idea of what research is like and what the process
looks like/how it is done;
(2) to help students orient themselves to possible research topics in the
(3) to foster an academic dialogue between students and teachers.
Sessions will be held every other Tuesday (12:20 - 2:00pm). The talk portion will be about 30-40 minutes long and be a presentation of planned/in process/completed research. Discussion and Q&A will follow.
This course is a seminar-based introduction to research for students in the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) MA Program in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature. It is designed to encourage a research culture among faculty and MA students in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature through sharing research ideas or results in each class. Sessions will be offered either (1) by scholars who will present recent research studies and discuss them with the audience, or (2) by those MA students who either have proposed/will propose their thesis work , or have defended/will defend their completed thesis work. Students in the course will be exposed to different research ideas and methodologies. The main goals of the present course are:
1) to give students an idea of what research is like and what the process looks like/how it is done;
2) to help students orient themselves to
Office HourOffice hours: Mon. 3:20-4:20 pm; Wed. 1:00-2:00 pm Office: FL 211-C (FLLD Building)
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association