98年第2學期-8644 大一英文 課程資訊
|1. In-Class Grade 50% of Final Grade. 2. Midterm and Final exam 50%||100||In Class Grade : Quize 15% ; Orals 15% ; Writing 10% ; Participation 10 % ; Total 50 % . Mid & Final : Listening 15% ; Oral 15% ; Reading 20 % Total 50%|
Students should be able to use their general knowledge concerning the global view:
1. To take responsibility to their own learning and communicate in English, to develop their listening and speaking skills through pair and small group work as well as large group discussion. To expand the knowledge of English vocabulary, grammar and concept used to define and analyze contemporary issues or problems affecting thier lives.To improve in their compositionalskills by involving them in a process of prewriting, sharing , revising , editing and evaluation.
Aims of Course
Freshman English for Majors is a four-skills course taught exclusively to majors of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The goal of the course is primarily to improve students’ proficiency in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using the English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion.
A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
Office HourTuesday & Thursday at ELC Office from 5:00 to 6:10
Required Text :
1. Reading Explorer 2 (Author : Paul Maclntyre; Publisher : Heinle, Cengage Learning )
2. Connect With English , Book 2 ( Pam Tiberia, Jant Bastiste... McGraw Hill )
1. Two stories of Inspirations
2. Two stories of Fear
3. Two stories of Mystery
1. General English Proficiency Listening Practice
2. Common Grammar of Chinese Students
3. Keep Talking
4. Talk About English
5. Success with Reading
6. Magazines:Ivy League Analytical English, Live Interactive English Magazine, English Digest , Landmark English, ALL+ ...