99年第2學期-2116 餐飲專業英語 課程資訊
|Class Participation and Attendance||20||If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade.|
|Mid Term||25||Cheating will not be tolerated during testing|
|Final Exam||25||Cheating will not be tolerated during testing|
|Menu design||20||English menu is designed to give students an opportunity to be innovative and apply the concepts learned in class|
|Pop exams/Homework Assignment||10||Group Homework Assignments|
本課程名額為 50人，已有37 人選讀，尚餘名額13人。
• To improve student’s oral and communication skill.
• To obtain the basic understanding of different job descriptions at restaurant
• To familiarize with and use terms and jargons in restaurant profession,
• To enhance English communication ability, and to be able to deal with a restaurant’s daily operations in English
This course is to help you to open up and start speaking English!! I believe that you have learned English for a long time and you already store lots of vocabulary. Now it’s time for you to learn how to EXPRESS your thoughts in English using limited words. In addition, this course will introduce you to some basic dialog happening in a restaurant environment everyday. These dialogs are simple but practical. It is my goal to make you to be familiar with these dialogs and can use English to handle foreign guest’s requests. .
Office HourMonday 13:00 - 17:00 Tuesday 13:00 - 17:00 Wednesday 11:00 – 13:00 Thursday 11:00 – 13:00 or by appointment Office: M213--1
• 林玥秀and 朱淑儀(2008) English for food and beverages services,華立圖書 02-2221-7375
• A. Baude, M. Iglesias and A. Inesta ( 2009) Ready to order, Longman