101年第1學期-2119 旅館專業英語 課程資訊
|Class Participation and Attendance||20||If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade.|
|Group English Play Performance||30||Group English play performance is designed to give students an opportunity to be innovative and apply the concepts learned in class to their project. Students are expected to create a video film.|
|Pop exams/Homework Assignment||10||Group Homework Assignments|
本課程名額為 35人，已有30 人選讀，尚餘名額5人。
This module is designed to provide students who will be engaging in hospitality industry, especially those who needs to use English at hotel or restaurant. , for improving their oral and communication skill. The programme not only helps students blend into the practice of their daily life, but also helps students to obtain the basic understanding of different job descriptions and the issues and problems they might encounter.
• Lectures with textbook, audio CD, game of crosswords, exercises and listening comprehension tests.
• Student will play different roles of hotel staff and practice the vocabularies and sentences they learned.
• Student will perform an English play in groups that cover different situations in a daily routine of hotel operation.
1. To understand different jobs and departments in a hotel Student will have a basic understanding of different hotel job descriptions and the issues and problems they might encounter.
2. To familiarize with and use terms and jargons in hotel profession, to enhance English communication ability, and to be able to deal with a hotel’s daily operations in English.
Office HourTuesday 11:00 - 15:00 Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00 or by appointment Office: M213-1
• David Wolff, 廖原德, 焦有薈 (2009) Live ABC Hotel English, 希伯崙股份有限公司, 02-2578-7838
• 語言訓練測驗中心 (2002) Reservations Confirmed, Caves Books Ltd.
• 肖璇 (2008) Practical English Modern Hotel 現代飯店應與實物全能, 萬能出版社