110年第1學期-6812 研究方法 課程資訊
The number of students in the classroom must be under the limited number of students allowed.
|Class participation and Attendance||30||The learning process for this course will be primarily driven by class discussion. Hence, student participation, in the form of class discussion is an integral part of the course and attendance is strongly recommended. If you are absent THREE times throughout the semester without a legitimate reason, you will be penalized with FIVE point deduction off your final grade. If a conflict or emergency arises, contact me to discuss the situation;|
|Mid Term||30||Upon the completion of this course, students have to sit for an examination. The examination questions would by be set in forms of True/False statements, multiple choice questions or short-answered questions. All the concepts covered in lectures will be examined. As such, students are expected to read not only the lecture notes but also related references.|
|Proposal||30||Final Proposal (Due on 4 of Jan 2022): The final proposal is a comprehensive research proposal that integrates all of the fundamental components of this course. Details regarding the format of this assignment and its essential requirements will be distributed in class. APA Format is highly encouraged in this final project. • E-file of proposal report and PPTs must upload onto the New E-Learn website by 04-Jan-2022 at 22:00. • E-file of proposal report and PPTs must upload onto the New E-Learn we|
|Proposal Presentation||10||Students will sign up to deliver a 20 minute overview of their final proposal. The class participants should make strong critique on presenters’ work in order to ensure the problem identification and formulation of research questions and hypotheses are sound. Details regarding the format of this assignment and its essential requirements will be distributed in class.|
本課程名額為 15人，已有11 人選讀，尚餘名額4人。
• Develop a beginning understanding of the conceptual foundations and methodological tools of quantitative and qualitative social research
• Select appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative research methods to study a given vulnerable population or policy problem.
• Locate, understand, critically analyze, and utilize professional hospitality management research reports and articles.
• Indentify and discuss ethical issues related to research design and the reporting and use of research results.
• Discuss issues related to sampling, measurement, data collection, and internal and external threats to validity.
• To increase students’ awareness of how methodological issues being debated,
• To develop a written research proposal and oral presentation.
Giving the overview of Research Methods and insights into Research Methods components. Main topics include:
1.Clarifying the research question.
2.Research design strategy.
3.Data collection & preparation.
4.Data Analysis & interpretation.
• 張紹勳 (2007) 研究方法, 滄海書局, 04-27088787
• Mark Saunders, Philip Lewis and Adrian Thornhill ( 2009) Fifth Edition, Research Method for Business Student, Person / 施正屏 主譯 企業研究法 施正屏 學富文化事業有限公司