111年第1學期-3962 大一英文 課程資訊
|Midterm & Final Exams||50||Reading 20%, Listening 15%, Communicative Component 15%|
|In-Class||50||Quizzes 15%, Orals 15%, Writing 10%, Participation 10%|
本課程名額為 35人，已有29 人選讀，尚餘名額6人。
1. enhance their English listening ability;
2. enhance their English speaking ability;
3. enhance their English reading ability;
4. enhance their English writing ability;
5. enhance their overall English communicative ability; and
6. enhance their knowledge of cultural diversity and international perspective.
The course contents are summarized as follows:
1. learning and using daily-life vocabulary and expressions;
2. reading and discussing multicultural and cross-disciplinary articles and books;
3. listening and responding to authentic and situational audio recordings;
4. engaging in in-class dialogues, group discussions, and/or other speaking activities;
5. writing play scripts, journals, and/or other assignments;
6. performing in-class plays; and
7. developing English learning strategies and effective study habits.
Freshman English for Non-English Majors (FENM) is a required course for the majority of freshmen at Tunghai University. This course is intended as a general four skills (namely, listening, speaking, reading, and writing) integrated English-as-a-foreign-language (EFL) course emphasizing English fluency in general contexts, i.e., English use for general purposes. Thereby, the course is designed to help students use their existing general knowledge about themselves and about the world along with the knowledge of the English language they have acquired to enhance their general English proficiency and enrich their personal background knowledge by using English to learn and communicate. Specifically, the FENM course maximizes students’ opportunities to use English in a wide variety of contexts both in and outside class. Furthermore, it provides an atmosphere that will increase students’ participation and confidence in a non-threatening, whole-English learning environment and that will facilitate students’ acquisition of new knowledge and skills of the English language and new knowledge about the world.
Office HourThrough email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Active Skills for Reading (AR), 3rd Edition, Student Book 2, Cengage Learning
2. Simplified Readers x 2 (SR1&2), Macmillan & Scholastic Ltd.
3. Sounds Good (SG), 2nd Edition, Student Book 3, 2016, Pearson