98年第1學期-2967 英語聽講 課程資訊
|Quizzes||45||Aural quizzes based on material presented in episodes|
|Participation||20||Instructor will explain how the participation grade is determined.|
|Final Project||15||The Final project is an oral presentation on a topic chosen by the students|
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. apply the listening skills presented in class to everyday situations; (prediction skills, listening for general comprehension, listening for specific details, guessing meaning from contextand inference skills.)
2. understand the 250 words, phrases, expressions, and idiomatic expressions introduced in class;
3. use the majority of phrases, expressions and language functions presented in class;
4. discuss topics and themes found in the video series; and
5. have an understanding of the cultural differences between the United States and Taiwan discussed in class.
Students will view one episode of the video series Connect with English (Book 3) each week. Other video materials may also be used. As one of the goals of the course is to develop students’ listening skills, tasks will focus on listening for main ideas and listening for details. Another aim of the course is to develop students’ oral communication skills. Themes and topics found in the video series will be used as a springboard for classroom discussions, role-plays, debates, surveys and games.
Office HourWednesday 3-4PM, Friday 2-3PM and by appointment. FL106
Course worksheets provided by instructor. The content of the handouts will consist of exercises and activities which direct students toward reaching course objectives.
Connect with English Conversation Book 3, 1998, McGraw Hill Publishers
Connect With English Video Comprehension Book 3, 1998, McGraw Hill Publishers
Connect With English Video Script 3, 1998, McGraw Hill Publishers