98年第1學期-3361 大一英文 課程資訊
|Midterm & Final Exams||50|
|In-Class Grade||50||Quizzes and Assignments, Oral, Writing, and Participation|
Students are highly expected to enhance their English four skills by taking this required course.
Freshman English is a first-year required course. The goal of the course is primarily to improve the proficiency of students in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion. A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
Office HourBy Appointment
1. Select Readings-Intermediate, by Linda Lee & Erik Gundersen, 2001, Oxford University Press
2. Connect with English-International Edition, Video Comprehension 1
3. Simplified Readers:
1) The USA (Finished by 10/9) 2) “Who, Sir? Me, Sir? ” (11/13)
3) Australia and New Zealand (12/7) 4) Cinderella Man (1/8)
4. Class Supplementary Materials (CSM)