98年第1學期-3406 大一英文 課程資訊
1. To enhance students’ reading ability in terms of noticing functions of phrases, clauses in sentences.
2. To develop students’ reading skills and comprehension
3. To raise students’ interests in reading and their awareness of the importance of effective reading skills.
Freshman English is a first-year required course. The goal of the course is primarily to improve the proficiency of students in communicative language skills with an emphasis on speaking and writing. A functional, notional approach is taken to planning objectives to help students gain confidence in using English in social interactions. Therefore, active participation in the class is a prerequisite for successful completion. A variety of activities are used throughout the year including dialogues, role-plays, pair work, small group projects and whole class discussions. The syllabus includes a general review of grammar and many class activities attempt to integrate these grammar components. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to apply the rules to real-life situations that they might encounter in an English-speaking country. Teachers encourage students to monitor their grammar usage while improving their level of fluency.
Office Hour一/6,7,三/6,7[A101] 五/6[英聽室]
1. Active Skills for Reading: Book 2, Second Edition, Neil J. Anderson, Thomson
2. Connect with English Book 1