98年第1學期-4064 應用語言學與外語教學 課程資訊
|Pre-reading homework||20||Prof. Yin will give you a set of questions to answer while you complete each unit reading.|
|Language analyses||25||For each major unit, you will need to take some language data and analyze it with relevant concepts.|
|Forum postings & responses||20||For each unit, you need to post a message on Moodle describing a relevant teaching/learning situation and respond to other postings.|
|Lesson plans w/ rationale||30||For each major unit, you will need to prepare a lesson plan whose rationale is based upon information from that unit.|
本課程名額為 12人，已有10 人選讀，尚餘名額2人。
By the end of the course, students should have the following core skills:
1) gain a broad understanding of the field of applied linguistics;
2) understand main theories, trends, and approaches in applied linguistics;
3) analyze language data using concepts from applied linguistics;
4) be able to inform their teaching and learning with findings from applied linguistics.
This course introduces students to the broad field of applied linguistics and several areas under its domain, such as grammar, pragmatics, corpus linguistics, and sociolinguistics (areas not covered by other MA required courses will be more emphasized). Research approaches and methodologies for applied linguistics will also be considered. The course content especially emphasizes the relevance of applied linguistics to foreign language pedagogy, and students will be encouraged to make such connections.
Office HourOffice: FL111-B Office hours: Mondays 12-2 pm or by appointment (I would prefer if you can let me know you want to see me.)
1) Cook, G. (2003). Applied Linguistics. Oxford: OUP.
2) Schmitt, N., ed. (2002). An Introduction to Applied Linguistics. London: Arnold.
You will also need additional handouts from Prof. Yin