98年第1學期-4069 個別指導 課程資訊
|Thesis proposal chapter 1||20||Introduction chapter|
|Thesis proposal chapter 2||40||Literature review|
|Thesis proposal chapter 3||40||Methodology|
本課程名額為 10人，已有3 人選讀，尚餘名額7人。
By the end of the course, students should
1. have formulated a research topic for the MA thesis,
2. have had a clear theoretical/research framework about the proposal topic,
3. have conducted thorough reviews of literature for the proposed topic,
4. have learned to synthesize the related reviews of literature,
5. have designed a research study suitable for the topic,
6. be ready to conduct the pilot study (if one is required for the overall study).
1. The instructor assists the student in formulating a research topic on the area the student is interested in.
2. The instructor assists the student in searching, assessing, summarizing, integrating, and synthesizing essential reviews of literature on the chosen topic.
3. The instructor assists the student in relating current research to prior related research.
4. The instructor assists the student in designing an appropriate research methodology for the topic.
5. Regular meeting time will be scheduled for the instructor to monitor the student’s progress.
選課備註：FL005; Yx1; 曾x1 吳x1
Office HourTuesday: 17:20-18:10 (FL005) Wednesday: 13:10-14:00 (FL005) Thursday: 13:10-14:00 (FL005)
Ferris, D. R. (2003) Response to Student Writing. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Ferris, D. R., & Hedgcock, J. S. (2005). Teaching ESL Composition. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
Casanave, C. P. (2004). Controversies in Second Language Writing. Michigan: The U. of Michigan Press.
Kroll, B. (2003), Exploring the Dynamics of Second Language Writing. NY: Cambridge University Press.
Bachman, L. F., & Palmer, A. S. (1996). Language testing in practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Messick, S. (1989). Validity. In R. L. Linn (Ed.), Educational measurement (3rd ed., pp. 13-103). New York: Macmillan.
Roever, C., & Pan, Y.-C. (2008). Test review of the General English Proficiency Test. Language Testing, 25(3), 403-418.
Shih, C.-M. (2008). Test review of the General English Proficiency Test. Language Assessment Quarterly, 5(1), 63-76.
Wall, D. (1996). Introducing new tests into traditional systems: Insights from general education and from innovation theory. Language Testing, 13(3), 334-354.
Wu, J. (2006, December). The CEFR and GEPT. Paper presented at the Workshop on Ethical Language Testing in Taiwan, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan.
Wu, J. (2008). Views of Taiwanese students and teachers on English language testing. Cambridge ESOL Research Notes, 34, 6-9.
Braine, G. (Ed.). (1999). Non-native educators in English language teaching. NJ: Lawrence Erlbaurn Associates.
Hatch, J. A. (2002). Doing qualitative research in education settings. NY: State University of New York.
Kamhi-Stein, L. D. (2004). Learning and teaching from experience. Michigan: The U. of Michigan Press.
Llurda, E. (Ed.). (2005). Non-native language teachers: Perception, challenges and contributions to the profession. NY: Springer.
Patton, M. Q. (2002). Qualitative research & evaluation methods. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, Inc.
(Other materials and References are contingent upon the student/s research)