98年第2學期-0916 機率統計 課程資訊
本課程名額為 100人，已有75 人選讀，尚餘名額25人。
1. To make the students experience the basic problem-solving approaches on the various engineering fields.
( not only computer science fields but also EE-related, Management fields, etc.)
2. To promote the mathematical capability on how to analyze and solve the engineering problems with
which they may face in the future.
3. This course helps the students to gain the capability on the modeling issues of multifarious
application fields, and also on the reliability / availability issues.
For a one-semester course, this course provides and strikes a reasonable balance between the analytical,
and quantitative approaches to the study of probability and statistics. And also, this material can enhance
the students on the mathematical background for their engineering training, especially on the modeling
issues of multifarious application or engineering fields.
Office Hour星期二: 14:00 ~ 16:00 地點: ST328 星期四: 10:20 ~ 12:00 地點: ST328
1. Hoel, P.G., Port, S.C., and C.J. Stone (1971): Introduction to Probability Theory,
Houghton Mifflin, Boston. [A well-written and comprehensive treatment of probability
theory and the standard discrete and continuous distributions.]
2. Mood. A.M., Graybill, F.A., and D.C. Boes (1974) :
Introduction to the Theory of Statistics, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill, New York.
3. Papoulis, A. (2002): Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes,
4th edition, McGraw-Hill, New York.
4. Leon-Garcia A. (1993) : Probability and Random Processes for Electrical Engineering,
2nd edition, Addison-Wesley.